The Volunteen Green Scheme aims to support young people aged 9-25 in social action projects that focus on the environment.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn about and get involved in activities that promote a healthier, cleaner environment for all our future.
We are passionate about helping you to develop projects you are interested in, however here are a few examples:
- Beach cleans and litter picks
- Building bird/bat/owl/hedgehog houses
- Planting trees and nature trails
- Planting pollinators to help insects
- Growing vegetables and flowers
- Campaigning e.g. climate change, plastic pollution
- Creating green spaces such as sensory gardens, wildlife habitats or community allotments
Getting involved in projects like this can help you to develop new skills, meet new people, improve your confidence and overall health and well-being, with the benefit of improving the environment. It will also help you to build your CV and provide valuable work experience and references towards your future career.
For more information about how you can get involved, just contact Lisa Harris:
Tel: 01482 871 077